Oxford Schools medical clinic is located midway between the International Section and the other schools secors so as to be easily accessed by students and staff.
The location of the clinic expedites the transfer of sick or injured students to an ambulance in case of immediate transportation to hospital is needed.
The clinic is staffed with a qualified full-time doctor and a well-trained nurse and is equipped to handle injuries, illnesses, first aid cases, emergencies, and respiratory problems. The nurse also provides nursing services and dispense medications as needed upon the written permission of the parent and doctor's orders.
In addition, there is a dental clinic that is supervised by a non-resident dentist who is available to students and staff according to a schedule. However, in case of emergency the dentist can be called in.
The clinic offers the following services:
- Maintaining health records for all students.
- In cooperation with the Ministry of Health, the clinic provides vaccinations against viral and infectious diseases.
- Conducting regular medical check ups for students at the beginning of each semester.
- Providing first-aid and daily medical treatments.
- Undertaking referrals to specialists or hospitals in cases of injury or accident which need further treatment.
- Promoting health awareness regarding hygiene, safety, and nutrition among students.
- Conducting periodical inspections of the cafeteria, toilettes, water sources and swimming pools.